Outfit: Orange Popsicle

 Wearing this bright orange shift dress reminded me of those childhood days eating icy cold orange popsicles under the blazing hot sun. I remember the grape flavor was the worst of the bunch. I hated that flavor with a passion. Blegh. I did get a kick out of my purple tinted lips and tongue though. Cherry was a great favorite among us kids and those were always the first to disappear. And while we're at it, didn't anyone else grow up eating those red/yellow swirly pineapple popsicles? I loved them as a kid. We'd always by the generic version but they didn't taste any different from the leading brands.



 Sadly, these days, I don't really enjoy eating popsicles or ice cream because they melt so fast! By the time I get outside, it's already half melted. Melted ice cream is no fun. I do recall a coworker who loved melted ice cream and would wait for it to melt before slurping it up. I asked him why he didn't just buy a milkshake or smoothie but he said it wasn't the same. I couldn't understand it and I never will!

P.S. I'm sure you already noticed the blog looks a little different. The pictures are also a lot bigger. I revamped it in celebration of my blog's one year anniversary. How time flies!

***

What I wore:
Dress: Target (sale)
Sandals: New Look
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Big Congrats on the Blogiversary!! Great job!!! I've loved following your blog this past year. You write beautifully and the photos are lovely.
    This colour is so so so beautiful on you! Like it was made for you! Fantastic.
    I love ice cream even when it's melted ;)
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top