Outfit: Dreaming of Grecian Islands

 These warm, balmy days have me wishing I was off in some Grecian island, enjoying the beautiful clear waters. While this dress that I purchased from Ross (yes, I shop there!)  has nothing to do with the country itself, the embroidered design does remind me of it. Essentially, if you notice, a lot of Greek inspired/styled dresses have some sort of embroidered trimming - albeit, many of them are often of gauzy or cotton white material. Of course, I've never traveled to Greece, so I have nothing to back this up. I am very interested in style/fashion and this is what I've noticed. I would dearly love to visit the country, but I heard it can get pretty hot during the summer. As you already know, summer isn't my favorite season. However, how could I possibly resist the beauty of Greece! If I should ever get to, I'd really love to taste authentic Greek cuisine.


On another note, I've got a very special place in my heart for Mediterranean food. There is a restaurant we absolutely love that is run by an Armenian family. The food is so delicious and you can tell from the taste that it is homemade. Everything tastes so fresh. If it wasn't so far away, I'd probably eat there all the time. Their bulgur pilaf goes so well with the beef kofta, which is juicy, tender, and incredibly flavorful. The entrees are enormous. We always have leftovers - enough for a full meal each.



Teamwork!
 P.S. I made myself very hungry by writing this post.



 ***

What I wore:
Dress: Ross
Belt: vintage via Mom's closet
Sandals: vintage via Etsy
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, beautiful dress. And you made me hungry too!
    I also think it could be the colours of the dress that reminds you of Greece, it does for me anyway.
    Lovely post as always!
    Hope you have an amazing day (that's not too hot).
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top