Outfit: Underneath Lies Acorn Dreams

After a week long break from blogging, I've returned with fresh ideas and am determined to improve in all aspects of my photography. I've still got my sights on a full frame camera but that won't be any time soon. I'm hoping by the end of this year I'll have saved enough but that's being really optimistic. As part of my New Year's resolution, I've made it one of my top priorities to spend more time with my friends this year. I was going through some rough, dark times and had forsaken their friendship. I couldn't talk to anyone about it, not even my boyfriend of 9 years. It took some time - I was apprehensive, fearful even - but I reached out to my friends one sunny day and was so grateful that they accepted me back into their lives with open arms. It felt so good just to be with them. Enjoying their presence. Talking of mundane, nonsensical things in loud, raucous voices. Hours passing sleepily, peacefully with great bouts of laughter shaking us awake from the afternoon lull. Doing nothing but feeling everything. I had forgotten how precious these moments were. And I felt so at ease. I'm happy to say 2017 has been off to a good start!



And isn't this acorn print so precious?







***

What I wore:
Blouse: Mod Dolly (sale)
Pinafore: Mod Dolly (sale)
Coat: ASOS (xmas gift)
Oxfords: Miz Mooz
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I sense the radio silence from you, but I thought you were simply otherwise occupied. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through tough times, but glad that you're out of the woods now. Also glad to hear that your 2017 has been great so far.
    Friends are like that, aren't they? Sometimes you worry so much that they'd hate you for whatever you've done, but then you open up to them only to find that they've been having your back all along. The same has somewhat happened to me in 2016 too. I'm still learning to become a better friend again.

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Bivi. I, too, will be joining you in the journey to becoming a better friend again. It's not as easy as when we're kids, but we've got to do our best!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you've had rough times. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm very much available. But it's wonderful to hear that 2017 is going better than last year, and that it's off to a good start.
    About this precious outfit. You look a doll in it. Like seriously a beautiful doll. I love Mod Dolly, and this acorn shirt is fantastic together with the pinafore. Beautiful beautiful!!!
    Hope you're having a great week.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, sweet Mona! Perhaps I shall take you up on that one of these days, but for now, I deeply and gratefully appreciate your sentiments. Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  3. I don't have much to say other than: I'm so happy for you! Reading your post really touched me and reminded me how much I needed to reconnect with some of my old friends... I hope this year stays as good as it started for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Klara! I hoping for the same. It's made me realize how quickly time passes and before we know, we hadn't seen our friends in a very long time. But when we meet up, it's like time never passed. We're back to where we left off and the friendship continues just like that.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top