Outfit: Winter Florals Amidst Painted Leaves

 I never thought it was strange to wear florals during the winter season as I wear them whenever I feel like. Interestingly enough, I recently came across a few articles (here and here) stating that winter florals were now a fashion trend and examples of how to style this trend. I guess it didn't have as big of an impact on me because I've always had a thing for florals (and I don't really follow fashion trends too closely, I think?).  All the more reason to wear it, I suppose! Now, it does make sense to pair floral prints against darker fabrics. One tends to gravitate towards darker colors during the colder seasons. I do like a pop of color here and there, however. As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of wearing a wholly dark attire. I also find it rather interesting that these darker hues are suggestive as being "gothic", "Victorian" or  even "vampy", which I can understand. You don't see vampires in movies wearing bright pinks and corals, do you?


 So many leaves!




***

What I wore:
Dress: H&M
Jacket: Foreign Exchange
Boots: Crown Vintage
Scarf: Target
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, makes me miss autumn. The dress is so cute, and I agree about florals being okay for all seasons. Also, I love the pop of colour with that scarf. Beautiful colour on you!
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top