Last Minute Party Appetizer: Mashed Potato Meatballs

I originally was not going to post a recipe for this as I'm not much of a chef. However, my fellow blogger, Bivi, gave me the friendly suggestion and I thought why not. So, here it is! I apologize ahead of time if the instructions are a somewhat lackluster. I had seen something similar on a website and wanted to emulate it with my own twist. Also, I only took one photo on my phone the entire night because I was too caught up in holiday revelries to remember to document everything. As I made them rather quickly, I am recalling the steps from memory. If you need a last minute party food for the new year, look no further. These mashed potato meatballs are super quick and easy to make, requiring very little effort. They look wonderful once plated and sure to grab everyone's attention. Without further adieu...!

Ingredients:
  1. 12-15 turkey meatballs (I bought them premade, any will do), defrosted
  2. 1-2 tbsp evoo
  3. 1 can of cranberry sauce
  4. 2 cups of mashed potatoes (I made them from a box, any will do)
    1. I added garlic powder, ground peppers, and parsley to the mix
    2. Instead of regular salt, I replaced it with pink Himalayan salt
Instructions:
  1. Follow the instructions on the box of mashed potatoes. Add the extra seasoning to preference/taste.
    1. Notes: For myself, I like a lot of garlic and peppers and often just eye it instead of measuring.
  2. Set aside once finished.
  3. As I didn't access to the oven, I sauteed the meatballs instead in the olive oil in a large nonstick pan for about 15-20 minutes until the outside is a golden brown and slightly crispy.
  4. Arrange the meatballs on your pretty glass plate.
  5. Top the meatballs with a dollop each of cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes.
  6. And you're done!
  7. Note: I would recommend cooking the meatballs in the oven with the cranberry sauce to make it juicier. Pan frying can make them a bit dry (but that's why you secretly spoon more cranberry sauce onto your plate when the host isn't looking!).
I hope you enjoyed this really simple recipe. It's easily adaptable. You can add your own twist to make it something completely different. It may be hard to resist after the first bite and can be rather filling! I have a guilty habit of filling myself up on finger foods before I ever make it to the main course. If you do end up making this, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Holidays!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top