Outfit: Retro Inspiration at the Flea Market

 I wore this outfit recently to the flea market. Silly me. It was an unexpectedly sunny day and this outfit was much too warm. To say that I was just a tad sweaty would be an understatement. However, I wasn't going to let that get me down. As long as no one could see how tormented I felt inside, nothing else mattered. Luckily, I thought to bring a hat to cover up my scalp. My scalp has gotten sunburned once before and let me tell you, it was not pleasant. I've taken every precaution since to never let it happen again. Anyway, I forgot how delightful it was to leisurely stroll through each of the hundreds of stalls, perusing antiques and hidden treasures. John snagged a really nice knife. The wood handle was clean and the blade still sharp. The owner himself wasn't even sure the knife was his and ran off in search of his friend in case it belonged to him instead. I thought it was quite amusing. He returned and sold it to John for a mere $5. For a knife in such pristine condition, I had to wonder if he was in his right mind. But a deal is a deal and what a steal!

 I got myself two silk/satin scarves for just $2 each. I probably would have bought a whole box of them if I had remembered to bring cash (but realistically, I wouldn't know what to do with that many scarves anyway). Who forgets to bring cash to a flea market? Obviously, there were ATM machines around but I didn't want to have to go through the trouble to using one. And besides, it always chargesa X amount of money that I'm not willing to part with. Call me stingy but I'd rather not, thank you! Still, I had a great time simply just looking. I'm anticipating multiple trips to various flea markets this year. I'm not too sure what happened but it's been nearly a couple of years since I went to my last flea market. I used to go rather often - several times a year actually. In the future, I must remember to always eat a big full breakfast (we hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch so I was pretty much a hangry grump after a while) and lots of cash. And maybe one of those wheel-y carts cause I'll be buying loads of stuff with all the cash that I remembered to bring. (Yes, cash is very important!)



***

What I wore:
Top (bodysuit): F21
Skirt: vintage
Oxfords: Miz Mooz
Hat: F21
Watch: Oasis
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top