Outfit: Laced Up in Crimson Red Florals

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." 
-Oscar Wilde 



And so I welcome the first of February with florals and love in my eyes. JK. After so many years together, the passion quiets down and settles into something soft and gentle, comforting and endearing. Love becomes precious. Yea, passion is great and all, but when it comes down to it, this companionship type of love is everlasting. I'll take it over all the flowers and chocolates or fancy dinners. Maybe I'm a simple girl, but I don't need all these outwardly shows of affection. It's the little things that truly matter to me. It's that tiny squeeze he does when he holds my hand. It's that random (rare) kiss on the head when I'm not expecting it. It's the way he pulls me close and holds me tight when he knows I'm overcome with anxiety. I keep these moments and feelings to myself and savor it. These golden nuggets of precious, rosy memories and honey sweet feelings. It's the kind of love that takes root deep in the heart and only grows bigger over time. So, readers, the takeaway message is: Keep love in your heart!






***

What I wore:
Dress: F21
Heels: vintage
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. If your blog were twitter, I would retweet this whole post. It's so sweet and lovely that I find myself blushing while reading it. I actually think what you describe is love, while box of chocolates can melt and bouquet of roses can wilt—they're merely romance.
    Reading your description of his little actions remind me of my own one and only. Oh my, my cheeks are hot.

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post! First of all, your outfit is just darling. And I couldn't agree more with your post. It's all about the seemingly small, daily things. :) That's what love is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured the the essence of real love and companionship so eloquently. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top