Outfit: Sunset in Burnt Orange

 Only one post this week. Certain things have taken priority in my life at the moment and unfortunately, blogging isn't one of them. I'm even considering taking a break for a month or two until things have sorted out. I know I'm being rather elusive but I don't wish to discuss them openly. On another note, I've been making a lot of lentil soup lately. Always been a fan of it. I used to order some at most Mediterranean restaurants but they tend to overload on the sodium. Since I normally don't consume a lot of sodium on a daily basis, it's too salty for my tastes.

So, I went ahead and made my own with a little bit of a twist. If you know me by now, you'll already know how lazy I am when it comes to cooking. You'll find my recipe extremely vague. I don't even use measuring spoons when adding in ingredients and spices. A dash here, a vigorous shake there and presto! Done! I don't know why I do this but I just grew into the habit of eyeballing everything. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty certain I learned this from my mother. She'd do this all the time and sometimes the dish would turn out just right, too bland, or too salty. But the flavor was still there. Mama's cooking at her best.

Anyway, I only do this if I'm making my own recipe. If I'm trying to learn to cook something new, I'll follow the directions exactly. After I've already made it once, I'll change a few things and experiment to my liking. But one thing I've learned, adding chicken broth and diced tomatoes to my lentil soup made a huge difference in complexity of the dish. While the flavor and aroma was good before, just adding these two things caused an explosion of flavor. I'm already craving for more!




***

What I wore:
Blouse: mall boutique
Pinafore: Mod Dolly
Sandals: New Look
Photos: John

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top