Outfit: Revisiting Old Memories

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” 
-Karl Lagerfeld


I remember being fussy and refusing to pose for the camera when I was younger. My father would whip out his camera every chance he got to snap photos of his family: my mother, younger sister, and me. It seemed like every moment was an opportunity to snap-snap! Even the most mundane things were fossilized on these glossy pieces of paper. Drawers full of albums and stacks of photographs. I didn't understand the importance then, but I'm so glad that we've got these photos to look back on. There exists moments I don't even remember because I was simply too young. It's a bittersweet feeling to see my parents looking so young with such bright eyes and never knowing what they were like then. I see them now with wrinkles on their faces and whites in their hair. They are essentially the same people, but in the lapse of time and space, they are different today then they were then. We chase memories we can never experience again. We can recreate them and relive them, but that specific moment in time is gone forever.

So, friends, create and capture all those precious memories.


***

What I wore:
Blouse: UO
Skirt: 21
Sandals: ASOS
Photos: John & me

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top