Outfit: A Tender Dose of Preppy Flair

  I cannot express how happy I am that autumn has finally graced our sunny Southern Californian region. A blanket of dark, grey clouds stretched over our blue skies this past Thanksgiving weekend and unleashed a torrent of gusty rain. The temperature dropped significantly, requiring all to dig out their thick, warm coats and blast the heater inside their homes. I always thought the city looks so beautiful after a bout of rain. The smog and pollution have been temporarily washed away. The snow-tipped mountains now loom tall and dark behind the city - vivid and striking, no longer forgotten. The air is cold and crisp. The streets glitter, remnants of rain still lingering. And the plants and trees produce the most lush, vibrant greens.


 This outfit is an example of my go-to fall/winter style: long sleeve blouse, skirt, tights, and shoes/heels. I always receive comments about how preppy it looks - especially when I'm lazy to put on my contacts and wear my glasses. John calls this my Hogwarts uniform - although to be fair, I don't think it resembles anything close to it. It is, however, my absolute favorite style when the weather permits. I love how polished it looks with minimal effort. It can be recycled in several ways with a different blouse or skirt.


P.S I had a very eventful but very fun weekend spent with family and friends, which makes me a happy girl!
P.S.S. I might just be in over my head with all the knitting projects I took upon myself to give away as Christmas presents.

***

What I wore:
Blouse: Levi's
Skirt: H&M
Coat: H&M
Oxfords: Miz Mooz
Purse: Modcloth
Photos: me

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top