In gilted reverie: Gustav Klimt

The Kiss

I thought I'd theme this post based on What Would Jane Do?, a cute little book of quotes from Jane Austen's books and letters. I found it at Ross, and  of course,  being that she is one of my favorite authors, I had to have it. Let us move on, shall we?

"The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone."
-Love and Friendship (1790) 

One of my favorite artists of all time is Gustav Klimt. Pictured above is The Kiss, perhaps the most famous of all his work (please correct me if I'm wrong). He aptly portrays the lovers' adoration for each other. There is a tenderness and sensuality about this particular mural that instantly drew me to it. More than anything, it is his unique style that really captivates me. The myriad of details in collaboration to produce something so organic in its depiction of human nature really blows my mind! Am I the only one who feels this way?

Water Serpent I
Another favorite of mine is this. There is a sensuality portrayed by the closeness and nakedness of their bodies. I feel as though I'm intruding on an intimate moment. I find it to be a recurring theme in a lot of his work, this feeling as though I've stumbled upon these private moments...

Birch Forest I

The Sunflower

I'm going to give you fair warning about the Gustav Klimt picture below for those of you who are sensitive to artistic nudity.

I know some people find nudity in art offensive, but I'm of a different opinion. There is a fine line between what can be considered artistic nudity. The intensity, the eroticism, the showing of skin that should otherwise be private. Each person will have their own opinion of what that is. I'm not going to argue with you.

So, here it is:
Danae

Sorry if I bored you!

P.S. I want my room to be covered in his artwork...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top