Outfit: Anchored in Summer

Nautical prints seem to be the default pattern for summer. Playful jaunts to the beach become a frequent event. New bathing suits and sunblock slathered on haphazardly, impatient to jump into the salty ocean. Despite living in California where the beaches line the coast, I don't like it very much. I love the idea of it, but I can't stand that feeling of the sun's blistering rays burning my body to oblivion. It really feels like that! The only time I really truly enjoy the beach is near sunset. It's tremendously relaxing just walking along the shore, where the ocean water washes up and gently nips my ankles. Hmm, I wanna go now...

This dress is very light and loose, which makes it quite comfortable during the summer when the sun is out and it feels like you walked into a hellhole! The anchor prints are just adorable though, and it's got a front pocket. Who doesn't love pockets?




I'm sad to say this park is slowly being leeched of its lush green color due to the drought in California, and unfortunately it's only going to get worse. I don't know if you can tell, but summer is not my favorite season.

What I wore:
Dress: Forever21
Shoes: New Look
Hat: Forever21

Photos by John

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top