Adventure in The Last Bookstore

 "Oh, I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life reading it."
-Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (1817)
 I felt the same way about The Last Bookstore, particularly the $1 section. Unfortunately, I did not realize it closed earlier than the rest of the store. The announcement was inaudible to me, so engrossed was I with perusing the shelves in their entirety. Only when John said we had to leave that I realized we were the only ones left. And so with a broken heart, I took a look at the rest of the store. I had been too eager browsing through books that I neglected to take more pictures of the interior, which really was worth the visit itself. Truly, I am a bookworm! I'd have to say the top floor, named Labrynth, is easily my favorite. It kind of is one in a way. It's got that famous tunnel of books and artist gallery. And like many have said, it's bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Sadly, these pictures were taken with John's phone because I had left my other camera in my backpack at the front desk.

 By the time we returned from the bookstore, the sun was nearly set. We quickly snapped these pictures with my camera before the little sunlight that was left disappeared into the horizon. At the time when I first bought this dress (months ago), I was afraid it would look too matronly. It didn't turn out to be the case, however. If anything, it's one of those dresses that makes me feel rather womanly! And the fact that it has a wonderful full skirt makes me wanna twirl like a ballerina.

I did manage to get one book in the used books section. And I got a free bookmark! I'm eagerly awaiting the moment when I've got a whole afternoon to myself to devour this book.

What I wore:
Dress: H&M
Sandals: Deena & Ozzy via UO

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top