TBT: Musings in Japan: Ramen Museum

Living in Yokohama meant an inevitable visit to the Ramen Museum. In fact, many of us were adamant about it. Ramen is one of the most well-known Japanese cuisines. Of course, this is not the cheap instant ramen variety that can often be found in the grocery market. I'm talking about a hot bowl of fresh, chewy noodles in a rich, soupy base. The kind I prefer to eat is tonkotsu, which has a slight layer of fatty bits. The flavors will vary depending what kind you get and which region it is from. I'm no expert but I do know good ramen when I eat one.

This is the dedicated museum for the ramen lover in the heart of every soul. Just kidding. But it is a must-see for any tourist around the area. We traversed into the museum with mouths salivating at the thought of tasting all that noodle-y goodness. The interior was quite interesting. It was as if I had stepped back in time. There were buildings and tiny little ramen restaurants inside the museum. I believe there were two levels, each leading around in a circle where you can take a gander at the old style buildings and vintage things. The walkway was narrow and could potentially be claustrophobic for some.

The museum was littered with very interesting poster photo props. There was another one of a naked man covered with a towel from the waist down and another resembling the phantom from The Phantom of the Opera.

 This antique phone booth was very popular. We all snagged a turn for some silly photos because that's what people do when they see one. Ah, I looked so young then. And my hair was much longer.
 

Unfortunately, with so many different types of ramen to try, we had a difficult time deciding which restaurant to eat at. As I mentioned earlier,

Itadakimasu!




Until next time...!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top