Weekend Roadtrip: Northern California

 Regrettably, this long awaited weekend went by much too fast. A small group of us drove almost five hours from Los Angeles to downtown San Jose for a dearly beloved music event. It was a lovely, quaint area with beautiful architecture. It's quite pretty at night. It seemed more catered to college students as the university was right near by. We did pass this really drunk guy in a push up position vigorously gyrating his hips - all by himself with his friends just standing around watching.

 I'd never seen one of these before and I thought it was pretty cool until the door opened. Let's just say the outside looked much nicer than the inside. I probably wouldn't ever use it myself unless I had no other choice. The music event was held at the civic center, which you can sort of see in the picture below. I thought it was pretty neat how there was a tram system that ran through the downtown area. You can also pretty much walk to all the food, shopping, and visiting areas here.

 We randomly stopped by a farm on the drive back home. Look at this rooster! I can't believe it's real. It looks so beautiful and perfect it could pass for a sculpture. The farm sold fresh eggs, too.

 I don't know, but the picture I shot of this bag of cherries looks like one of those photo realistic still life paintings, which I thought was pretty cool.

 I could smell the sun off these freshly picked strawberries. They gave off such a sweet, succulent scent. There were these yellow peaches that had the best peachy smell. I can't even begin to describe it. Unfortunately, I didn't buy any. I had already spent so much on fruit and there was no more room in the car.

 John suggested we all try Blue Mountain Oysters because he had seen it in on the food channel and we had never come across a restaurant that ever served something like that.. They aren't oysters at all. They're actually the balls of a bull chopped up, deep fried, and served with a cocktail sauce. Don't get too excited now. They tasted just like chicken gizzards to me.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of steak but the one I had here was very good. Decadent, tender, and juicy. I think I've eaten enough meat to last me several months!

What I wore:
Top: Sheinside
Bottom: Boutique from Korea
Sandals: Vincent Camuto via Burlington
Watch: Oasis via ASOS
Backpack: Target

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top