Outing: Ghetty Museum in Boysenberry

 I imagined this as more of a fall/winter dress with its vivid boysenberry hue, but I had an incredible urge to wear it the day we went to visit the Ghetty Museum. I used to associate September with the beginning of autumn, but I know now summer's will to live on into October is undeniable. I suppose my subconscious yearning for the darker, cooler days must have been quite powerful for me to have chosen such a color. I'm reminded of the plush red wine lipstick sitting in my makeup drawer and I want to smooth it over my lips. Opulent, somber velvet. I'm itching to slip into long sleeved blouses and cozy knit sweaters. And I'm even craving pumpkin already!
This post is picture heavy so I've manually added a jump break. Might consider doing this more often...!

 The garden outside of the museum is beautiful. It's a popular area. Many can be seen on the grassy hillside and the murmurs of conversations and the occasional loud laughter can be heard as one traverses down toward the maze of floral hedges. We spent the majority of our time leisurely strolling around and admiring every flower. The garden was so pretty that we went a little crazy with snapping photos.

Once we entered the gallery, I hardly brought out my camera. I prefer to gaze and ponder with my full attention rather than distractedly taking photos - even if it's easy as 1-2-3-snap! However, this particular painting left quite an impression on me so here it is. It was so detailed - not in the way hyper realistic artworks are nowadays. I'm not art snob. In fact, I don't know much about art, but if it is able to move me, then that's all it needs. Why else would we choose to create art if it did not evoke some kind of emotion inside of us?




P.S. I've been debating about whether I should include photo credit. It is always going to be me and John. It seems repetitive but it also seems wrong if I don't. What to do!

What I wore:
Dress: Ross
Sandals: Dolce Vita via DSW

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top