Weekend Outfit: Birthday Celebration

It was John's birthday this past Sunday. I thought I'd dress up a little to celebrate the occasion. I bought this Emily and Fin dress (on sale) last year from Modcloth. I had my eyes on this dress for the longest time. Even on sale, it still was more than I normally pay for an article of clothing. I don't often splurge, but when I do, it's only after I've pondered over it for several days. It's such a fun dress to wear. It's bright, colorful and so, so cheerful. It puts me in a good mood and makes me want to twirl all day long. And it's got pockets!

 I'm not big on birthdays, but even so, I'll admit that it's nice to celebrate with friends. I got John a record player so that he could play the vinyl version of Tool's Undertow, which he received as a birthday gift from our mutual friend. And by chance, John discovered the same day that his friends from high school lived a couple houses down from me. They had lost contact with one another after they graduated. He said it was a nice birthday surprise. I thought it was pretty sweet. We were invited inside to their party and we chatted a bit before heading off to eat Korean BBQ. Of course, I changed out into plainer clothes. I was not about to have the smell of it linger on my pretty dress!


P.S. Alas, I've committed to growing out my bangs. It was becoming a hassle having to trim it so often. I'm fairly certain I'll want to cut it again in a couple of weeks though! My hair is getting long, too.

What I wore:
Dress: Emily and Fin via Modcloth (sale)
Sandals: vintage via Etsy

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top