TBT: Musings in Japan: South Korea Pt. 3

 Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you the third and last leg of our stay in South Korea. This large domed arena is part of the famous amusement park known as Lotte World. I had no idea it was on the Guinness World Record for being the largest indoor amusement park. It really was incredible though. I thought it was amazing how so much could fit inside a building. Not only that, it consisted of about four levels. My only regret was that I was so tired from the trip that I walked around like a zombie the entire day. Have no doubt, deep inside the recesses of my energy reserves, I was screaming with excitement.



 I was mainly attracted to the anchored "hot air balloon" ride. I've never ridden in a real one before but thought this was pretty awesome. It provided a great view of the interior. I'd say it was one of the most popular rides. The indoor park looked especially spectacular at night. I found the glow of lights outlining the roofs and the brilliantly lit merry-go-round quite mesmerizing.

 At the time we went, it was still winter. They brought out a Christmas parade with a jolly santa in a bubble suit on a bubble float with his entourage in suite behind him. They even had fake bubble snow falling from the ceiling. I remember thinking, "Ohh, how magical!" It was the first time I saw something like this. The crowd was in awe at the sight and the children squealed with excitement as they reached their tiny hands up to catch the "snow." I think I even saw some stick out their tongues! I managed to capture some on my friend's head before they slowly disappeared just like real snow.

 There were various Christmas shows but what I really liked was the laser show at the end. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered around the rails for the best view. It was very lively and if I remember correctly, there was a little bit of fireworks.

 Lotte World also consists of an outdoor amusement park called Magic Land, which immediately brought to mind a mini version of Disneyland. You can see the castle in the picture below. There was even a variation of the Mickey and Minny Mouse couple. I don't recall any princesses though.


P.S. When I think of "Lotte", I think of this:
Source
So, imagine my surprise when I found myself in front of the Lotte World dome and there was no Choco Pie. Sad days. I still had loads of fun at the amusement park though.








Until next time...!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top