OOTD: An Old Favorite

 "Not keep a journal! ...How are your various dresses to be remembered, and the particular state of your complexion, and curl of your hair to be described in all their diversities?"
-Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (1817)
 Yes, how are they to be remembered? I suppose the modern day equivalent to that quote would be the blogger's photo-stream of collected outfits. Whether or not the clothing is worn for a specific purpose, it is photographed - an instance of a living memory captured forever on camera. And always, a story is written in memorabilia. A snippet of one's life unlocked and shared with eyes other than one's own. There is a vulnerability and strength in that kind of exposure. That is what I think, anyway.

 This dress has been with me for quite a long time now. I bought it off eBay for a fairly good price. At the time, I was not familiar with the brand Free People. I knew only that it was vintage. I was smitten with the blue plaid pattern and the fact that it was a button-up. I eagerly awaited its arrival and when I put it on, it was instant love. It's a fairly simple dress but it has the most amazing cut. Nicely flattering, I must say.


What I wore:
Dress: vintage via eBay
Sandals: Dolce Vita vis DSW
Belt: vintage (mom's closet)

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I have one of those dresses too! Not same in look, but same in thoughts. Coincidentally, mine is also blue. Yours looks perfectly fitting on you and I love it!
    Also, I'm so envious of your picket fence...it just looks positively suburban ;)

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Aren't dresses like these so wonderful? I wish I had more of them. The picket fence is part of a lot with a 24hr donut shop and some other offices. :D I wish it was mine! I would love to live in the suburbs but alas, I live in the city.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top