Weekend Outfit: Unrequited Autumnal Yearnings

 I feel as though I'm being bombarded left and right with talk of the approaching fall season. I'm beginning to see pumpkins everywhere in all their bumpy imperfections and varying shades of orange. Is it any wonder that I jumped on the computer and googled pumpkin recipes? Instead of rejoicing, I raised my fist at the oven because it was much too hot to turn on. It already felt like an oven inside the house. And then, I stumbled upon this pumpkin pie yogurt parfait recipe and all was good again. I tweaked it to my liking by putting just one layer of yogurt and pumpkin in a one-cup mug. I sprinkled (a lot) of pumpkin spice and drizzled some honey all over it. Admittedly, pumpkin is one of my favorite things to eat so I've been eating this parfait for the past few days!


 All this to say I've been so inspired by many bloggers' fall outfits as of late that I put together this summer edition: floral top with autumn's beloved colors of brown rust and warm orange and burgundy wine corduroy skirt. I waltzed out the door still green with envy, the heat of 100 degree weather effectively obliterating my will to live. I braved the sun like a wilted flower and managed to enjoy a relaxing Sunday with friends and family.


What I wore:
Top: Target
Skirt: H&M
Sandals: Deena & Ozzy via UO
Purse: Target

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I am so ready for it to start feeling like fall! It's been stubbornly stuck in the mid 80s here in Jersey as of late...which is nice, but not exactly sweater and boots weather. Haha. Your look is perfect for the warm temperatures, but still looks fall-like, especially with the burgundy skirt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! We received a little bit of rain but weather forecast says temperatures will rise to an average of 95 degrees this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top