Outfit of the Day: Parisian Red and Stripes


"Do not consider me now as an elegant female intending to plague you, but as a rational creature speaking the truth from her heart."
-Pride and Prejudice (1813)
One does not apply wintry wine red lipstick in the summer. Bright reds, strawberry reds and cheerful corals, yes! But those deep burgundies, dark and velvet in their richness, are the forbidden fruit of hot sweltering summers. It may not be season appropriate right now, and many will agree, but I'm not one to constrain myself to the rules of fashion and beauty. I will admit that I find myself reaching for lighter shades more in the spring and summer and darker for fall and winter. I am a creature affected by the seasons and changes in climate, and so adapt my wardrobe and beauty routines accordingly - most of the time, anyway.

When I first laid eyes on this boater hat, woven in crude straw and adorned with a cute simple sash, I put it on only to think, "Oh my, how utterly useless. It doesn't provide any shade at all." And then I proceeded to buy it because why not? It's a rather charming hat and goes with everything. It's especially good for bad hair days. And perhaps at the right angle, it will serve its purpose!


While I definitely do not possess any of that Parisian chic or French girl vibe, though it's in my blood somewhere (I'd have to dig deep), I thought I'd give it a go with the red and stripes in honor of Bastille Day on Tuesday. Better late than never, right?

What I wore:
Dress: H&M (sale)
Flats: Burlington's
Hat: Forever 21

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top