Plant Nursery, Interrupted

A couple of days ago, I went with my mom to a plant nursery. She suddenly wanted to buy a guava tree and determined that I was the one who would be taking her. I didn't mind, and it sounded like fun. We wandered into the nursery, eyes bright with glee. The flowers along the fence were beautiful with bright, lively colors. I was amazed at the assortment of exotic plants. We were having a good time just taking our time and marveling over everything.

 I had just finished taking a picture of some avocados when one of the employees suddenly said, "You need to pay if you take pictures." "Oh, really?" I uttered in surprise, caught red-handed with the camera still in position. I was not aware that photography was forbidden, or that I would need to pay a fee. There had been no signs. I had no problem with putting my camera away. However, his treatment of us was something else. Let us just say that he was not very helpful at all. We bought the guava tree and left soon after.  Anyway, I don't want to go into too many details and turn this into a raging rant. So, I'll try to keep it light.

 I used to live in house with a tiny orchard of avocado trees. Our house was located at the back of another and was perpetually shaded under the dense expanse of leaves. There would be so many avocados we didn't know what to do with them. Guacamole forever!

 Oh, glorious fig tree. We used to have a nice, big one that would produce so much fruit. They would drop like flies to the ground and even the birds and critters could not eat them all. They were so plump and juicy. And then, one afternoon, my mother decided to cut it down. I dearly miss it to this day. They are quite pricey at the market. I could still be eating them right now. Is my bitterness palpable yet?


 I originally hesitated to make this post because it isn't really an outfit post. I wanted to take more photos, but our jovial mood had been soured and I no longer felt like posing for pictures after. At least I managed to get one though!

What I wore:
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: BDG via UO
Belt: vintage
Hat: Forever 21

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back
to top